Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 125: Blue Vancouver

As has happened a few times, I had another photo lined up for today, and ended up using something different :-) I wasn't too happy with what I'd taken earlier and so ended up squeezing in some time down at Kits Beach yet again (popular place for me on a Monday night). I was rapidly losing light and the sunset was nowhere near as colourful as last night's. I went down to the waterline and was hit by a blast of cool air as the wind tore across English Bay. Brr. (It's July, remember?) The light was fading to blue and I positioned a rock in the foreground with the word "LOVE" stencilled on it. It was too dark to get the depth of field right, and probably too windy for a tripod (well, for our tripod at least :-) so that's my excuse for the city being slightly out-of-focus. But I think it works well enough - it's a different kind of shot than any other so far in this project, so I'm happy.

Blue Vancouver
Kits Beach, 25 Jul 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment