Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 113: Back to flowers

After a very brief respite (a whole week!), I'm back to the flower photos again today :-) A dull day, sunny at times, threatening rain at others. I went over for my afternoon coffee and slung the (old) camera over my shoulder. From the Student Union Building, I went out of the north doors and past a large flower bed which had recently been planted with a pleasant-looking assortment of flowers. I found myself drawn to it as it looked much more like a wildflower meadow than planters and flower beds usually do. I very much doubt any of the flowers there are actually wild varieties, but I did recognize cornflower, which I have seen in the wild. The wind kept blowing the flower heads around, so I couldn't get a good photo of the blue flowers, but I was able to get a nice shot of a pink variety which I'm very happy with. I think I'll be returning to this bed for other shots (before they get ripped out and replaced with something else).

Pink cornflower
UBC, 13 Jul 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment