Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 107: Crow calling

Over the last month or so we've had a young crow hang out on our balcony. Some mornings I've been up around sunrise and have been greeted by this youngster cawing away at 5 in the morning. I've tried on several occasions to get a photo but usually it's flown off by the time I've grabbed the camera. I was getting ready for work when I heard that familiar sound: "Caw!" Fortunately the long lens was already on the camera, and the camera was out on the dining table, and the blinds were open, and the young crow was perched right in front of the balcony door. All I had to do was turn on the camera, aim it and grab a few shots. The good thing about it being a young crow is that it's not yet startled by a little movement so I was able to move slowly and get right up to the door. I was happy with the few shots I got, and was ready to quit when the crow ruffled its feathers and called to its nearby parent. One more click and I got the photo below :-)

Feed me!
Young crow, 7 Jul 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment