Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 119: Out of ideas

Today passed with me not finding or even thinking of what I could photograph. In the end I returned to the same flower bed as last week and took a few pictures. Nothing really worked - many of the flowers are beginning to die back, and I found the rest were looking too samey, and too similar to what I already had. Included in my targets were a couple of tall clover flowers, nicely lit up by the weak afternoon sunshine against a blue sky. In the end I decided to go with one of those as I don't yet have a clover picture in this project. It's not a particularly satisfying shot - the colours aren't that great - and it feels like I've included it for the wrong reason. But maybe I'm being too much of a purist? What more should I be asking of this project? It's to record a photo a day isn't it?

Towering clover
UBC, 19 Jul 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment