Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 21: Flickers a-foraging

My afternoon coffee breaks just keep on giving... Today I took my coffee for a walk round by the library with the intention of scoping out a place that one of our Flickr contacts had photographed a hummingbird. But I didn't get that far: as I rounded the far end of the building I looked to my left and saw two birds foraging in the grass. A second look confirmed what I suspected: a pair of flickers poking around. I set down my coffee mug and lined up a couple of shots. To my surprise they allowed me to get closer, and I was able to line up a good angle with both birds in view. I can't believe my luck - that's two fabulous flicker photos in as many weeks.

And in case you're wondering, yes I did find the hummingbird :-)

Foraging flickers
UBC, 12 Apr 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment