Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 19: Rain, rain and more rain

Guess what? It's raining today... I couldn't think of much to take pictures of, but on Friday while walking along the street, I noticed a bushy little maple tree with lots of fresh young leaves. I knew that today was forecast rain so I thought I'd wait until I could capture them dotted with raindrops. What I didn't consider was how many photos I'd need to take to ensure one that was sharp. Of course, with it being overcast and rainy, the light level was quite low and there was just enough of a breeze to make the leaves dance in front of the camera. Out of something like 40 photos perhaps three were useable, including this one. I liked the pair of maple leaves near the top of the photo, pointing in opposite directions. To me they look like a pair of hands, maybe jazz hands? :-)

Young maple leaves
Kitsilano, 10 Apr 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment