Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 20: Camera action

If there's one thing you can be certain of encountering in Vancouver, it's rain. If there's something else you can be certain of encountering in Vancouver it would have to be film sets. We noticed it immediately when we moved here a few years ago and have since seen countless signs up all over the city pointing towards one or other film sets. I recognized the distinctive back alleys of Vancouver, seen in many a film. I've also seen Boston police cars, Russian tanks and, today, Seattle volleyball tournaments. Walking along Kits Beach we saw the set for a film called Geek Charming, which to my mind sounds awful, but it's probably not aimed at me ;-) As we passed the main set I spotted a camera set up on a tripod, completely unmanned and I couldn't resist indulging in a bit of what I call "meta-photography", photography of cameras or people taking photographs. Snap!

Camera on camera
Kits Beach, 11 Apr 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment