Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 92: Red sky in the morning

Isn't that some kind of warning? It may even be right as the weather forecast for the rest of the week is less than stellar. Ha ha - get it? Stellar? Sunshine? Or the lack thereof...

After seeing the sunset on the longest day last night, I had half an idea to see the following sunrise. To my surprise, I awoke around 5 am and got up to see whether the sky was still clear. There were a few clouds to the east, and the high cloud over Mt Seymour was lit up a bright fire-red. Behind me the almost-last-quarter moon played hide-and-seek with the clouds. I watched the clouds shift and the light change on them, but the sunrise was anti-climactic in the end thanks to a large cloud which rolled in over Mt Seymour, where I thought the sun would rise. Ah well, time to go back to bed for a couple of hours.

Red morning skies over Mt Seymour
Sunrise, 22 Jun 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment