Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 66: All hail

Another day of all work and no photos until I got home. After watching the Boston Bruins beat the Tampa Bay Lightning to face the Vancouver Canucks in the Stanley Cup finals I picked up the camera and took the bus down to Kits Beach. There were some grey clouds around, and enough blue sky to have me believe that there might be some interesting colour around sunset.

I got off the bus and promptly ran for the bus shelter: it was hammering it down with hail and I needed a moment to think about where I should head in order to not soak the camera. I ran over towards the pool and ended up huddled with half-a-dozen other folks under an overhanging roof near the open-air amphitheatre. As the rain eased off I walked round to the western end of the pool where I could get a view of the city skyline across it. The pool glowed bright blue against the dull grey clouds and, yes, the swimmers kept on swimming through the storm. The sun never did reappear...

Storm clouds over Kits Pool
Kits Pool, 27 May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment