Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 64: Liquid fireworks

First day back at work after our weekend away... and it's raining. "Liquid sunshine" they call it. Work kept me inside pretty much all day and it was only on my way back to the bus that I even thought about taking a photo for the day. I took a few but the low light and the rain made it hard to get anything good. I was scratching my head by the time I got home, just in time for the rain to begin pouring down.

I stood at the window watching the raindrops bounce off the table on the balcony and I had an idea. I've wanted to try photographing water drops to catch the splash. I know it needs bright lighting and a fast shutter speed, but I thought I'd try my hand at it just to see if it would work. Lo and behold I did capture one of the splashes. Looking at it on the computer I was struck by how much the photo looked like fireworks, which gave me the idea for today's title.

Liquid fireworks
Rainy day, 26 May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment