Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 55: New greenery

Another dull, sometime rainy day. Mid-afternoon, I took the camera out on a small wander to find a target, actually as a result of hearing some agitated seagulls fly by. I ended up at my usual spot, and soon found myself taking shelter under a tree as it started to rain. I heard and then saw the resident female hummingbird darting from flower to flower on a nearby bush. I tried to capture her but she was just too fast. I returned to stalking the local flora instead and found a few of the Oregon grape plants with new green growth. Having photographed the cheery yellow flowers a few weeks ago I thought it would be appropriate to get the leaves unfurling too. I like the way they form a little tunnel.

Next up for Oregon grape will be the berries in a month or so.

Unfurling Oregon grape leaves
UBC, 16 May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment