Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 191: A web on the web

Another nice day, and in an effort to use up some holiday I took the day off. I headed over to the North Shore to cycle up to the Seymour fish hatchery, as I did back in June. I've been cycling in to work again when the weather permits, so once again I found it a relatively easy ride. Much like last time, the sun was shining through the trees as I made my way through the old-growth section and I was stopped in my tracks by a cobweb apparently in mid-air with only a few of the outer rings in place. I parked my bike and went over for a closer look, and watched the spider continue remaking its web. The sun caught the strands lighting them up brightly against the darker trees and I figured this would be an ideal subject for today's photo.

Cobweb under construction
Seymour Hatchery, 29 Sep 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment