Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 174: Winged rats

Much as I don't like pigeons in general, I do have to admire their flying abilities. I've watched them many times as they rise as a small flock and swoop round and round the neighbourhood. Tonight, having spent no time looking for a photo at work, I spent some time on the balcony before dinner, Dad filling in his journal in the evening sun. I tracked and photographed the circling pigeons, following them round several times. Finally they decided to settle and it seemed that they were all heading for the same utility pole. Of course it was a little too crowded for that many pigeons to land at once, so they spent a few seconds hovering and manouevring before taking up their perch. I caught them just as they slowed to a hover. It's not the best picture I took that night, but it's different from any other pigeon photos that I have, all the birds are still in flight and I simply like the warm light on them.

Winged rats
Pigeons, 12 Sep 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment