Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 187: Brought to you by the letter "A"

It's funny that just earlier today I was mulling over the possibility of an alphabet series to follow on from my rainbow series (having just located my future "violet" photo) and wondering how I might achieve that. Outside the local Safeway I saw a pigeon perched on the Starbucks logo behind two horizontal wires ostensibly there to prevent the pigeons sitting there (and doing something that rhymes with sitting). First I was amused that the bird was there at all, then there was the appearance that the bird was behind bars, and then there was the fact that it was sat fair and square on the "A" of Starbucks, gifting me with the first letter of the alphabet. I am skeptical that I will be able to complete the alphabet, especially if I try to do it in order, but it does give me ideas for pictures over the next six months.

"A" pigeon behind bars
Kitsilano, 25 Sep 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment