Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 177: Green

I've finally got around to thinking about the next colour of the rainbow :-) It all started with listening to the radio this morning, where I heard that today is the 40th birthday of Greenpeace. That got me thinking about how I could get a photo that I could link to this event. I knew that green was the next colour I was due to photograph, but on such a dull day I wasn't immediately sure of how I could get something colourful. It slowly dawned on me that I cycle past the UBC golf course on the way in to work and where better to find saturated greens than on a golf course. (And yes, that pun was intended!)

I reached the corner of Blanca and University Boulevard and pulled over to get my shot. A group of golf brollies was plying one of the holes over to my right, but there was no one on the putting green, and no one on the fairway of the nearest hole. Perfect! I sized up a few shots, took a few more and I have to say I'm very happy with the intensity of the green in the photo below - barely a touch of colour tweaking. And of course, with no golfers in sight, the scene is quite serene. At peace, even.

Green greens at peace
UBC, 15 Sep 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment