Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 172: The moon's a ballo(o)n

"The Moon's a Balloon" is the title of a book by David Niven. I don't know what it's about, I just remember seeing the cover when I was a kid and being intrigued by the title. And of course, the word "ballon" is the French for ball. Tonight we were down at Locarno Beach watching the sunset and enjoying some fine take-out from East Is East. As always, a few games of beach volleyball were under way. As I wandered along the beach to get a better angle on the rising moon, I saw the ball loop high in the air. Coincidentally, the ball looked to be about the same size as the moon, and a new idea came into my mind. I focussed on the moon and waited.... As soon as I saw the ball in the viewfinder, I started taking photos. I didn't know what I'd got, so I waited a bit longer to make sure I'd really caught the moon and the ball in the frame. Imagine my surprise when I realized that I'd capture the photo below! Very happy with this one. :-)

Playing volleyball with the moon
Locarno Beach, 10 Sep 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment