Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 50: Hey man, it's raining

That's a line from Jimi Hendrix's song Rainy Day, Dream Away. And it has been a very rainy day today. Hard to get outside to take photos on days like this. I spent most of it listening to the patter and looking out at the rising puddles. Eventually I risked drenching the camera (it was the good one, too) and found myself stalking a small flock of golden-crowned sparrows foraging in the grass. Always on the move and just out of reach of my lens, getting a decent shot was not helped by the dull conditions. But I got lucky: a lone sparrow in head-high grass, alternately head-down foraging and head-up eating, stayed still long enough for me to get one and only photo before it flew off. I got luckier: it was good enough to be my photo of the day.

Foraging golden-crowned sparrow
UBC, 11 May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment