Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 154: Postcard from UBC

As has happened a few times with this project, I started out with the intention of photographing a particular scene and ended up with something different. I'd walked past these brown-eyed susans a number of times and had noticed how the flower bed just seemed to be growing more and more of them. Today the mix of sun and clouds was just right to create a postcard feel, and I just liked the way the flowers grew acting as a foreground to a view of the Walter Gage towers. If I was searching for ways to make the UBC campus look good, I think it one such view might be something like this photo. If I'm to be picky, the exposure is a little flat in the mid-tones but, hey, it's the old camera again ;-) I'm just happy to get a good-looking photo from it.

Flowers and towers
UBC, 23 Aug 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment