Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 148: Curves and lines

Yet another phrase which, for me, immediately recalls a song: "Grand Designs" by Rush. The lyrics go, "Curves and lines // Of grand designs". Not that it's relevant, just puttin' it out there... ;-)

I took the bus downtown on a bright sunny morning to run an errand. The glass high-rises reflected each other and the blue sky and I couldn't resist lining up a photo of this building, especially given the symmetry. The sun was almost directly behind it so the light is all reflected from the sky or other buildings. It's always hard to get building shots right as the perspective quickly goes awry, so viewing a building face-on like this is the easiest way to go. I also made sure I had the lens-distortion correction on too to keep the edges of the buildings straight. I've wanted to get a good "downtown highrise" photo for a while. This will do for now.

Curves and lines
Vancouver, 17 Aug 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment