Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 139: Sorry

Another sunny day at work whizzed by without me getting out and taking a photo. Once again I was left to hunt for photos on our balcony and I was a little too slow in getting out there as a large group of crows took off from the roof of the building across the road. Fortunately a few of them circled and landed on the roof of our building, and I was able to get a clear line of sight to one perched on top of a pole. A second one joined it and the two of them proceeded to have a short grooming session. Lovely to watch but the photos didn't capture it at all. So I had to make do with a couple of shots where the crows were well lit and doing different things. The photo I chose for today could be mistaken for one crow humbly apologizing to the other (which is in a huff and looking away). It wasn't like that but that's the story I made from it. Sorry for the lack of originality. ;-)

Apologetic crow?
Crows, 8 Aug 2011

On another note entirely, when we lived in Maryland we were lining up at the social security office (to get our social security numbers) and the couple behind us had a young baby (less than a year old), which kept sneezing. Every time the baby sneezed, the parents said "sorry". It turns out that they were from Nigeria, where people don't say "bless you" or "gesundheit" when you sneeze; they say sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment