Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 158: Cheam sunrise

Another sunrise photo but this time one taken of a view I've wanted to capture for ages: the sun rising over the Cheam Range of mountains. This was an opportunistic photo as I pulled off Highway 1 just before we reached Chilliwack on our way to Yoho National Park. I drove a few hundred metres along the road and stopped next to a field full of ripening crops. A grain silo (or similar) was silhouetted against the morning light, adding a nice level of rural goodness to balance the jagged mountains. I'm not sure what it is about Mt Cheam and its fellow summits, but it has a hold on me I can't explain. Maybe it's because it's just such a picturesque mountain, maybe it's the notoriety of the road to its trailhead. Dunno, but I love taking photos of this mountain.

Cheam sunrise
Sunrise, 27 Aug 2011
PS Mt Cheam is the one at the far left :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment