Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 149: Flower of Scotland

Not the song, but the humble thistle, bane of lispers everywhere. But before I go any further I must warn you of an upcoming pun, so if such things make you groan then find another website to read now :-) I've been after a good thistle shot for a while. When I went a-wandering today I found that most of the thistles had gone to seed and were dying off already. Fortunately a few more were just coming into flower. I missed getting a good photo of a bee on this particular thistle head (I can't blame the camera this time, even if it was the old one - it was me that was too slow to recognize the shot). But I liked the shape of the new flower and, after risking severe blood loss from the surrounding blackberry bushes, I managed to get a picture I was happy with. You could say that I said to myself that "thistle-do"...

Flower of Scotland
UBC, 18 Aug 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment