Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 145: Misty

If yesterday was tasty, then today is definitely misty. The clouds descended overnight (as promised - how come the weather forecast is always accurate for bad weather?), and the top of Needle Peak was hidden as we sat and ate breakfast. No sooner were we contemplating making a move than the cloud base dropped to completely enshroud us in damp mist. Time to pack away our gear and get under way.

As we reached the north ridge to begin our descent, we had to cross a couple of small snowpatches. As usual I was lingering at the back, stopping to get flower photos and I liked the scene of the four hikers in front of me disappearing into the mist with no suggestion of a trail to follow. It helped that Andrew and Carollyne had colourful pack covers on - I suppose I should have been in the shot too as my pack cover is a very bright orange. Of course, it was sunny by the time we got back to Vancouver...

Hikers in the mist
Flatiron, 14 Aug 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment