Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 313: Happy New Year!

Wait, didn't we do that a month ago? This time it's the Chinese Lunar New Year, bringing in the year of the (water) dragon, and simply by asking the Tiddlies managed to get themselves into the parade. With help from a few extras (including stray Morris men), they danced their way along the route for almost two hours. In the capacity as "official photographer" I walked along with them. That was quite a surreal experience, being in the parade like that. It's not a perspective I'm used to at all. I did my best to stay out of everyone's way though I was caught by the TV cameras a couple of times. And most remarkable of all - the rain stopped while they were dancing. Afterwards we all filled up on copious quantities of Dim Sum.

Camera notes: I had the external flash on and armed at all times, and it fired just about every shot - all 300+ of them! To my surprise, I had no battery issues at all. I'm really impressed with those new Eneloop Extra batteries.

A parade's-eye view of the parade
Chinese New Year Parade, 29 Jan 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment