Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 289: Even the squirrels are grey round here

I had equally-low hopes for today's photo as for the last two days, thinking that I'd get a trio of grey pictures, but I did at least take the unprecedented step of going out just after lunch. To my surprise, there were large patches of blue sky around with the sun making the occasional appearance. Great! I went off in search of some shots I've been keeping in mind for brighter days, only to find that I have a lot to learn about getting this new camera to focus in macro mode... :-/ But I was saved by a squirrel in the tree above me, with a lovely blue-sky backdrop. I took one photo, and the squirrel was spooked by me hanging around underneath it. I took another just as it moved its paw into a more interesting position to get the shot below, which I'm very happy with. You could say I got my trio of grey after all!

Transfixed grey squirrel
UBC, 5 Jan 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment