Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 299: Lions!

Maria went snowshoeing up on Thunderbird Ridge, which I didn't feel up to thanks to the remnants of my cold. I opted to take a wander round parts of Stanley Park. First stop was Prospect Point and views of the snow showers blowing over Grouse and neighbouring peaks. I walked back along the park drive until I was standing on the bridge over the causeway with its great views long the deck of the Lions Gate suspension bridge. Like the big bridge, this small road bridge also has a pair sculpted lions at each end, miniature versions of those just below me. Overnight snowfall had left a dusting on the head, nose and paws of the lions and I couldn't resist getting that picture. Snowy owls a few weeks back; snowy lions today. :-)

Miniature lion
Stanley Park, 15 Jan 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment