Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 286: Goin' postal

I've had my eye on postboxes for a while, as I really like the fake graffiti-covered look. I don't know the story, but I'm sure that covering the box in postal codes is a great way to stop graffiti artists. Alternatively, it could be that any graffiti (at least of the "tagging" variety) that does end up on the boxes doesn't stand out, effectively nullifying the purpose of the graffiti in the first place. Anyhow, there I was, sipping a perfectly pleasant mug of Earl Grey when I spotted these two postboxes side-by-side. Even better, I was sat next to an open window, so all I had to do was point the camera through the gap, zoom in a bit and take the picture. Once back home I realized the two postboxes were not quite as level as I first thought, and I briefly considered a bit of Photoshop trickery to line them up, but in the end I've posted the picture as-is, cropped a little and the contrast and saturation boosted slightly.

A pair of postboxes
Vancouver, 2 Jan 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment