Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 58: It's still sunny

Remarkably we've had two days of sunshine in a row. That has been a very rare occurrence over the last six months. Err, make that 9 months. Wow - it has been a pretty poor year so far, even by Vancouver standards. Today it even felt warm, though there was still a cool breeze out on the coast at UBC. I had plans to go down to the beach this afternoon as the tide was low, but work got in the way as usual.

In the evening we walked down the street to return a DVD to Blockbuster and as we passed Carnarvon St I saw the trees lit up nicely by the evening sun. The street has a clear line of sight for about 4 blocks and is flanked by towering trees, forming an arboreal tunnel over the parked cars. The shots I took didn't work thanks to passing cars (and I had to stand in the road to get the shot I wanted, much to the consternation of the drivers ;-) so I tried again on our return journey, now from the north side of Broadway. My first photo caught a cyclist, a blur in the centre of the frame, then a bus, then a car and finally a gap. And fortunately Carnarvon St remained car-free, looking like a peaceful, sleepy and soon-to-be-leafy residential street.

A tunnel of sunlight
Kitsilano, 19 May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment