Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 339: Bagelry

I remember discovering bagels in the late 1990s. They were tough, chewy rings of dense bread that didn't work with standard toast toppings of butter and marmalade or jam. Then I tried them with cream cheese (at Einstein Bagels in Las Vegas if I remember correctly), and haven't looked back. I was delighted to find Einstein Bagels again when we moved to Maryland - we even lived within a block of one store for a while and it was a regular weekend breakfast. Imagine how happy I was to find another good bagel place so close to home in Vancouver. It's a toss-up between Solly's and Siegel's - Siegel's has a bigger range of flavours, and to have one of their bagels fresh out the wood-fired oven is a sublime experience, but Solly's is closer, and they serve Ethical Bean coffee...

And of course 3 times 3 is 9.

Solly's bagelry
Kitsilano, 24 Feb 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment