Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 241: Winter comes to town

After last night's freezing cold and wet bike ride home, I wasn't entirely surprised to wake up to the sight of snow on our balcony this morning. I opted to take the bus into work, which was a huge mistake as the buses were crammed full and operating way behind schedule. I would have been quicker (and warmer!) cycling in as usual... But I digress :-)

I went out for my usual afternoon photographic sojourn, in search of inspiration. I thought I'd be able to get something nice and snowy and wintry-looking, but most of it had melted or had been shovelled away. I ended up walking behind the Museum of Anthropology (MoA), and noted some nice reflections of the museum in the pond. The clouds had broken up a bit, allowing some nice light to shine on the building, which I was grateful for. I'm still waiting on the right conditions to get photos of the totem poles there.

MoA reflection
UBC, 18 Nov 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment