Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 237: Moonday

Another Monday, and a fine sunny one at that. The standing joke in Vancouver is "What do you call a sunny day after two days of rain?" and the answer is "Monday", the joke being that Monday always brings fine weather. A more accurate answer would be "more rain", at least at this time of year. But I digress. As I walked into work from the bus stop (the strong winds put me off cycling today) I saw the moon sinking low in the western sky. Seeing as I am still in search of my "blue" photo, I thought I might be able to use the pale moon surrounded by blue sky. I sized up a shot, and immediately noticed an aeroplane flying on a trajectory that would take it right across the face of the moon. I waited until the plane was dead centre and took a series of photos. The first one worked just fine. A little bit of a crop and a small boost in the contrast and I present today's photo, titled "Fly me to the moon".

Full marks to anyone who spotted today's pun too: Monday is named for the moon.

Fly me to the moon
UBC, 14 Nov 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment