Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 240: Rosebuds in the rain

Today started off nice and dry, a little chilly but it was still a nice bike ride into work. By the time I'd freed myself up from what I was working on to go take some pictures, the rain had returned and I took a wander out in the direction of the rose garden to see what I could see. I had an ironic picture in mind - there's a signboard pointing out all the mountains which aren't visible on days like today - but that didn't work out. Then I thought about looking at the roses, thinking there might be one or two that still looked fresh, especially if dotted with raindrops. I found one good pale pink rose, and next to it was a perfect new bud, with a line of raindrops along it. The wind did its best to thwart my photography efforts, but I managed to snap one in a moment of calm.

The bike ride home was a different matter: wet snow and freezing temperatures. I had to stop twice on the hills to try and let my fingers warm up a little. Plus my waterproof trousers don't seem to be.

Rosebud in the rain
UBC, 17 Nov 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment