Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 238: What a fun guy!

On Sunday I walked past the most amazing little group of fly agaric fungi clustered at the base of a tree. I knew I had to get back soon before they were past it, and/or they'd been kicked to bits. I decided that I had to take advantage of the fine weather yesterday, and I was surprised to see today dawn clear and sunny. At first, I thought I'd prefer cloudy conditions to limit the reflections off the fungi, but the low morning sun illuminated them perfectly. I had the polarizer and tripod with me, to make sure I could get sharp photos, and I spent about ten minutes sizing up and taking a few shots. It was a tough choice, but the pair of fully-opened toadstools in warm morning light won the day. I'm really very pleased with the results, and a definite convert to using a polarizer for these kinds of photos.

Today's number play: 2 to the power of 3 is 8.

A pair of poisonous parasols
Kitsilano, 15 Nov 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment