Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 221: Filtered sunshine

I'm getting a bit careless with the batteries again... I went out for an afternoon coffee at the new Uprising Breads before continuing my wander around the neighbourhood looking for photos. I managed to get half-a-dozen or so before the camera gave up on me. I was curious about how the tulip poplars lining 10th Ave were faring, as I have a striking photo of them lit up by the sun in late autumn from a few years ago. They're still mostly green, with a good mix of yellowing leaves. I had the good fortune of the sun coming out as I sized up my shots (walking back and forth across the pedestrian crossing to get the view straight down the road), which lit up the tunnel of trees with a lovely afternoon glow. Two more photos and it was time to go home and recharge.

Filtered sunshine
Kitsilano, 29 Oct 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment