Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 209: Desert island view

The good weather has continued beyond the weekend, and I went out for a walk at lunchtime to see if anything caught my eye. I didn't have a destination in mind but I ended up heading down to the beach. As soon as I reached the top of the trail, I realized that all the campus sounds had disappeared and I found myself listening to the stillness, disturbed only by the occasional chirp from an LBB(*). As I descended, I could hear the sound of the waves, the sound of a calm sea on a sandy shore. Down on the beach I walked along the logs for a bit and then ventured across the pebbles to the water's edge. The view to the north-west was largely uninterrupted, and I was struck by how idyllic it looked. A sunny day, a sandy beach and a gentle sea: this could be a tropical island.

And I think I've found my "indigo" photo for my rainbow series, which I'll get to once I've found a suitable "blue".

Lunchtime desert-island getaway
Tower Beach, 17 Oct 2011

(*) LBB = Little Brown Bird :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment