Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 198: Lessons

My original photo idea fell through as the leaves I had intended to photograph had all dropped off the tree. I need to be a little more pro-active in getting these type of time-limited shots. There will be plenty of grey rainy days for me to explore later - get the colour now while I can. So I got back on my bike and headed for the sea. I stopped off at Hastings Mill Park but there was nothing worth taking pictures of there. I moved on and took my bike down the steps at the end of Waterloo St, propped it up against a rock and looked out over the water to see what I could see. I took a few city shots - a cormorant was drying its wings on a floating log - and a couple over towards Stanley Park when the sun came out and lit up Siwash Rock, but nothing really stood out. Turning the other direction, I noticed the light was nicer to the west, and I spotted a handful of laser-class dinghies out on what looked like a sailing lesson. I snapped a couple with Mt Gardner looming in the background. Looking more closely back at home, I cropped one to highlight the boats, made a few adjustments to the contrast and colour and was really pleased with the way it looked. Another pleasant surprise.

Sailing lesson
Sailing, 6 Oct 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment