Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 197: Who, me?

Another attempt to get a photo of a squirrel leaping in the grass. I wandered out in spotting rain and saw one of the black squirrels foraging in the grass. It darted off as I approached and I thought my chance had gone, but then a grey squirrel appeared and I followed it round for a bit. No luck though as it never stopped moving. I had a couple of "almost" shots, and I was ready to go with that when the black squirrel returned and began foraging in the grass. I moved closer and set up the camera to get my photo when it spotted me. It looked up and froze as if to say "Who, me?" - perfect! Even though I was at full zoom and the exposure time was 1/40 s, I managed to hold the (old) camera steady and the picture came out much better than I expected.

Squirrel surprise
UBC, 5 Oct 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment