Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 250: BC Place

Today is the 99th Grey Cup game, something I'd not heard of before we moved to Vancouver. It's the Canadian Football League's championship match, a bit like the FA Cup in England, and they make a huge fuss of it. Which I think is quite amazing considering the league has only 8 teams. But it seems all very good-natured, unlike the hockey, and the BC Lions beat the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to be the first team to win it at home since, well, the BC Lions in 1994 :-) Which, coincidentally, was the last time the Canucks reached the Stanley Cup finals and we all know how that turned out...

As I mentioned a few days ago, I had sized up this shot on a bike ride around False Creek. Unfortunately the weather wasn't cooperating today, and the lovely reflection I was hoping for was nowhere to be seen in the choppy waters. I had a hard time keeping the camera still in the strong, gusty wind (even on a tripod), so I took a lot of very-similar photos. But all it takes is one.

BC Place
False Creek, 27 Nov 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment