Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 243: Two for three??

That sounds like a very bad cricket score. I forgot to mention that yesterday also marked the two-thirds point in my photographic journey around the sun. That remaining third looks like an awfully long time... Despite spending the day at home, and having a nice fine morning to take pictures, the camera stayed in its bag all day. We bought an external flash unit to give my winter Morris photos a fighting chance, but playing about at home I couldn't find anything to really test it out on. And so it was getting late, the promised snow hadn't yet arrived and I still had a clear view of the North Shore mountains. I thought I would try a long exposure photo of the lit ski runs on Grouse, using a small aperture to get those nice starburst effects on the lights. I had only just closed the balcony door when the lights went out an I was left with, well, not much. I tried a few shots, and this one is pretty much the best, but really I'm not that chuffed with it. I think I'll try again at some point over the winter, probably from a different viewpoint though (say, Queen Elizabeth Park) to avoid shots that are too similar.

Grouse Mountain at night
Grouse Mountain, 20 Nov 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment