Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 227: Tinges of pink

Today is the last day of Bike to Work Week (at least for me) and the weather has been very kind considering it's November. It only rained on one day, and even then not during the commuting hours. I've been taking advantage of the fine weather and cycling in to work up the hills on the 8th Ave route, preferring to leave the longer seaside route for my homeward journey. Tonight I wanted to capture some of the evening light on the mountains, so I left work a few minutes earlier than usual and caught some very nice, if subtle, pink light on the North Shore mountains. The snow from the mid-week rain has melted a bit in the sun, so the pink isn't as strong as it could have been, but that doesn't matter. There will soon be plenty of snow for that.

A pink-tinged sunset
Spanish Banks, 4 Nov 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment