Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 9: Not done yet

A few possibilities for today's photo. I took some nice ones of some budding and blooming magnolia. I don't normally like magnolia, but this one was a nice deep pink and there was a healthy variety of flowers at different stages of blooming. In the end I waited until the afternoon for some more Storm the Wall shots, especially now that the sun was shining. Watching the teams make their way over the wall is the most interesting part, and provides the best chance of good photo-ops. I took a couple of wall shots which turned out well enough. However, in the end decided that I liked the irony inherent in posting a picture of the archway over the finish line, complete with the word "Finish" is large letters. I also liked the blue and white colour scheme, which reminded me of the Finnish flag and allowed me to use an alliterative pun for the photo title :-)

A Finnish Finish
Storm the Wall, 31 Mar 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment