Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 6: Picking the right moment

One of the advantages of beginning this project in the spring is that there is plenty of new growth to photograph. Fresh buds, blossom and flowers are everywhere, and it becomes more an issue of which ones to photograph, rather than having to work hard at finding something. However, by the time I set out to get my picture for the day, it was getting late and rain was threatening. My attempts to capture some fresh downy serviceberry were foiled by the blustery wind. In the end I walked down to Kits Beach where the tide was low, and found a spot to take a picture of the city skyline. I've tried this shot several times before and never been happy with the results, but thankfully tonight's attempt worked just fine.

Vancouver skyline at low tide
Kits Beach, 28 Mar 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment