Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 355: Meadow and mountain

We were heading out east for a dinner appointment and, having not taken a single photo in the earlier part of the day, I took a small detour to find somewhere to get a view that I hoped would have something worthy of a photograph. I took a handful of pictures in all directions, but wasn't particularly hopeful that I'd got anything good. Only later when looking through them did Maria draw my attention to this particular scene with the farm buildings in the foreground and the snow-laden peaks of the Widgeon Creek valley forming a forbidding backdrop. What really helped, though was the fact that we processed this photo from the raw file, rather than using the somewhat uninspiring JPEG out of the camera. Hmm, maybe there's something in this raw processing after all.

Pitt Meadows farm and mountains
Pitt Meadows, 11 Mar 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment