Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 345: Look east

Another 111 days from 123 and 234. Funnily enough, 111 days ago was 11/11/11. The usual story - dull day, didn't get out - but this time I had a bit of spare time at the end of the day and used it to take a different route home, heading along Fourth Ave instead. I got off at a stop with a superb view along Fourth Avenue - on the best days about this time of year, the snowy face of Mt Cheam over 100 km to the east rises above the city. The only time I saw that view, I was a passenger in someone else's car, and I've waited in vain for those weather conditions to repeat. I grabbed my photo and wandered down to the Jericho Beach pond and watched the beavers in the fading light.

Eastwards view along Fourth Ave
Vancouver, 1 Mar 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment