Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 349: Life imitates art

Well, not so much art as public information. I'd noticed the stencilling on the pavement and decided that it alone would make a good subject for a daily photo. The words say: "I can't believe the time. I need to hurry up if I'm going to get home for dinner" with the letters for "dinner" scattered about like groceries from a split bag. It's part of a public road safety safety campaign run by the city to try and reduce the number of accidents in Vancouver. I'd taken a couple of shots already, and was sizing up a couple more when a woman dashed out of the supermarket and straight across the road, right at the point where the words enter the roadway. Fortunately I was already lined up and was able to take a quick couple of photos. I couldn't believe my eyes, or my luck.

Life imitates art
Kitsilano, 5 Mar 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment