Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 358: Violet

I'd sized up this mural a few months ago while I was in the middle of the rainbow series, but hadn't had the opportunity to finish off the mini-project. I'd even got to the point where I wondered if I even wanted to take its photograph, my mental picture of it had lessened its impact during the intervening months. Today I walked past it and took a photo, mostly just to size it up, but I was immediately struck by how intricate the artwork was. I had taken another couple of shots, trying to work around the parked cars, when the car that was blocking most of the lower part of the mural drove away. I now had a clear view of the entire wall, so I framed my shot, ducked out into the pouring rain and took it. The rainbow is now complete.

The mural was painted by an organization called Nomadic Alternatives and they've done quite a few around Vancouver. I'll have to seek out some of their other work.

Bellissima mural
Kitsilano, 14 Mar 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment