Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 350: On the crest of a wave

As I get closer to the end of this project, I find myself having to fight a sense of complacency - the job's done, right? Not quite... Today was a perfect day though - clear sunny skies, a stiff breeze from the west and a rising tide all made for some wonderful beach photography. I spent my lunch hour taking pictures of the waves, trying to capture that precise moment when a wave starts to break. The strong onshore surge had piled up the pebbles, creating a small storm line along the beach. I stood at the edge and sized up a photo, waiting for a wave to break in just the right way to emphasize all the various perspective lines. The snow-capped mountains on the horizon, up to 60 km away, made the perfect backdrop.

Breaking waves on a pebbly beach
Tower Beach, 6 Mar 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment