Thursday, March 23, 2017

Once Around on Instagram

So yesterday marked five years since I completed the project. For the past year I've been posting a photo each week for "Throwback Thursday" on Instagram which has been both a pleasant voyage of rediscovery and a reminder of how I never want to do such a project again! The first photo I posted in the series was the unfurling trillium, a photo that garnered all of 14 likes :-) However, my following on Instagram (such that it is) has increased a little since then, so I'm already up to 34 likes on the final photo! Yay! Go me, eh?

Alas, Instagram doesn't make it easy to show all the photos I posted from this project. While I did use "#OATS" and "#OnceAroundTheSun" tags, they were also used, alas, by many other people for all sorts of random photos. Sure go ahead and look at #oncearoundthesun and you'll see my photos in the mix. It would be interesting to see if anyone could identify my photos based on style alone. I know that they stick out like a sort thumb to my eyes, but that's because I know them so well. With a more neutral eye, I'm almost tempted to still say yes because so many of the tagged photos are just so different to mine, but maybe you should judge for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment