Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 283: As the sun sets

The last Friday of the year, and I slung the camera over my shoulder as we went for a walk up the street for a hot chocolate. I could see a little colour in the sky as the clouds began to break up and the sun made an appearance. I was hoping to see a rainbow, given that the rain hadn't completely stopped falling but it all came to nothing. Back at home, I could see the western horizon was beginning to get its sunset orange glow, and I went out into the freezing cold wind (where did that come from?) and tried a few photos. I've taken many sunset photos, so I wasn't convinced I'd get anything good. But then I saw an aeroplane taking off from the airport, rising into the orange sky and casting a long shadow on the ribbons of rain. I pointed the camera at the plane, but it decided to re-focus and by the time it had done so the plane had risen and the shadow had faded. Darn. I waited for another airliner to take off to see if the same thing would happen. It never did, but I was happy with this particular aeroplane shot, taken just as the sun had set, the sky now looking like a bright orange portal. Quite appropriate for the "time" travellers on board.

Sunset flight
Sunset, 30 Dec 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment