Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 282: Self portrait

I have a cold, it's dull outside so what else to take a picture of? Me, of course! Ha ha, yeah, right... I'm not into people pictures, preferring to capture things as they happen rather than getting someone to look directly at the camera, and I'm definitely not into the self-portraits that adorn the photostreams of so many. But I hit upon this idea early in the project when taking some test photos of my bass guitar. I saw my reflection in the body, and thought about saving that shot for another day. I have several more guitar pictures in mind - I think many musical instruments are things of intrinsic beauty and I like trying to get good photos of them. At the interface between photos of people and musical instrument is the musician, and one of the reasons I like following the Morris crowd is to try and capture those moments where one of the musicians is totally engrossed in what they're playing. I find those photos quite fascinating.

Self portrait and bass guitar
Self portrait, 29 Dec 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment